At Iroquois Family Dentistry, we offer the speed, convenience, and precision of CEREC technology to provide state-of-the-art dental crowns. With this advanced system, our Nashville, TN, team can provide same-day restorations, including both traditional and implant-supported dental crowns. Dr. K.B. Parkes and Dr. Karen S. Keenan are highly experienced dentists, committed to personalized care. With their precision and our advanced digital technology, we can create dental crowns that are virtually identical to natural teeth. In addition, our crowns are made from IPS e.max®. This advanced form of porcelain is very durable, and it provides a realistic appearance, unrivaled by many other restorative materials. Therefore, after you receive your crown, you can enjoy an aesthetic and fully functioning smile for many years.
CEREC allows our team to provide highly customized, same-day crowns to restore your smile and oral health.
Uses for Same-Day Crowns
We can use our advanced CEREC system to provide same-day crowns that perform a variety of restorative and cosmetic functions. We may recommend these restorations if you suffer from a range of issues, including:
- A significantly weakened tooth
- Cracks in a tooth that do not extend below the gum line
- Dental infection, in which case a crown will be the last step of root canal therapy
- Significant dental erosion that affects the force of your bite
- Severe cosmetic blemishes such as an irregular shape or deep internal stains
- A missing tooth your want to replace with an implant-supported crown
Designing and Placing Crowns
Once you and your dentist decide that a crown is the most fitting solution, Dr. Parkes or Dr. Keenan will begin by preparing your tooth using conservative techniques and advanced technology to limit any discomfort you may experience. By altering the shape of your tooth, they can make room for the restoration and ensure a more stable base. This step can also ensure a stronger bond for the crown when it is finished.
After sculpting your tooth, your practitioner will use our CEREC system to take digital impressions. The CAD/CAM (computer-aided design and computer-aided manufacturing) software will produce 3-D images that will be far more accurate than traditional manual models. Using these images, your dentist will design your custom restoration. They will customize your crown to improve your oral health and to ensure a comfortable fit.
When complete, the designs will upload to our in-office milling machine. In less than an hour, this system will carve your restoration, typically from a solid piece of IPS e.max porcelain. Finally, when your crown is finished, your dentist will double check the fit. If you are both happy with the results, they can securely attach the cap to your tooth.
In less than an hour, the CEREC milling machine will carve out your restoration.
The Benefits of CEREC Technology
We are proud to offer CEREC technology because of the many benefits that this system can provide, including:
- Customized results: CEREC gives our team complete control over the entire treatment process. We can adjust your crown until it is a near-perfect fit, and it is completely in line with your health needs.
- Natural appearance: IPS e.max is slightly translucent, just like your dental enamel, and comes in a wide array of shades. Consequently the shine and color of the material can match the rest of your smile.
- Efficiency: The CEREC system is incredibly fast, so we can create and attach your crown in a single appointment.
- Convenience: With faster treatment, you will not have to deal with the inconvenience of a temporary crown or of repeated trips to our office.
Experience Advanced treatment
CEREC allows our team to provide highly customized, same-day crowns to restore your smile and oral health. To learn more about our dental crowns and how they can benefit you, contact our office online or call us today at (615) 298-2040.